By May 7, 2008 0 Comments Read More →

Church of Scotland Hospice, 1894

Church_of_Scotland_Hospice

Church of Scotland Hospice

Scottish doctor David Watt Torrance arrived in Tiberius in 1884, as the head of the Church of Scotland mission. Upon seeing the appalling sanitary and medical conditions in the city, he opened a hospice in 1894, serving the community of Tiberias. His son Dr Herbert Torrance ran the hospital until his retirement in 1953. In 1999, the Church of Scotland converted the hospital into a guest house.

Posted in: Ottoman Period

Post a Comment